Monday, November 22, 2010

Evaluation: Golden Sky 2

Welp, this is coming along.. Somewhat. It might go faster once I get more free time, which should be somewhere about two weeks from now. Regardless.

Right now I'm working on our nameless narrator's backstory, to whom I'll provisionally refer to as Jack. I'm not sure that'll be his name, I'm not even sure if he'll be a he, but Jack works for now. Anyway, it's one I've worked with in many variations over the years, so I'm happy to at last write it down for someone. Though it means I won't be able to use it anymore. Or at least not as much.

I'm still unsure about one key aspect of the plot, but I can't find any alternatives. I don't think they are possible. Sure, a few variations here and there, but the core is still the same. So I'll just have to give it my best shot at that and hope it doesn't suck. Other than that, I'm working on how Jack meets Anna, which is in a sense the beginning of the story proper, instead of the Jack's backstory (Anna's backstory being mostly Graduality and possibly referred to in passing in the meeting).

I have to flesh out the Illuminated interactions a bit more, since  it's at the core of the plot (Illuminated are people like Jack and Anna, you'll find out about them eventually). Specifically why it's so chaotic, which is a new development but does help explain the conflict between Jack and Anna, on two different levels. Right now It's kind of handwaved away, I'll have to work on a real reason at some point, will make the story more satisfactory. Probably.

So that's all I have for now, see you in a week if I wasn't swallowed by studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment