Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Evaluation: Under the Surface 4

Bah, I hate this part of the writing process. When I'm struggling to find what goes next so I'm not inspired enough to write what I do know, so it takes weeks to finish scenes. Some day I might find a solution for that.

So right now I'm just trying to mesh the old plot with the new plot, which is not that difficult (there wasn't much "old plot" to begin with) but does require a bit of reconsidering what I already wrote. I think I solved the specific problem I had in mind, but, as mentioned above, I'm not terribly motivated right now, so it keeps getting delayed. Wrote one paragraph since last Monday, and another might have to be deleted, so it's a  net gain of zero (or thereabouts) in terms of words written, and one detail in terms of plot-in-my-head. Bad. I should be working harder, and I will... but not this week

Something else is taking priority until next Monday, but from then on I should have more time to get stuff done. Or not. But probably yes. So, anyway, don't expect an evaluation next Monday unless I get really creative on Monday itself, which might happen but I'm not counting on. As always, we shall see, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment